Research Evaluation Form
The Research Competition is an opportunity for participants to go deeper in their faith. They will research, exchange ideas, and improve their communication skills while competing for prizes.
The research competition is for Yr. 3 and above.
The research paper must be related to the theme “My church, spirit and life”.
Below is a list of suggested topics that connect with this year’s theme:
Submissions must be in an electronic form using Arial 12 point font and double spaced.
Diagrams with references may be included but are not counted towards the total page count.
Page count per Grade:
Yr.3&4: 2-4 pages
Yr.5&6: 3-6 pages
Yr.7-9: 4-8 pages
Yr. 10 - 13: 5-10 pages
- Adults: 7-12 pages
Groups participating in the Research activity may have one or more submissions. If there is more than one submission representing the group, the higher mark will count as the group mark in Research.
The research project may be presented in the form of a poster, a brochure or an essay.
A bibliography must also be included with the submission. Please note that all research papers must be
the student’s original work. Plagiarism is strictly prohibited and will negatively affect your mark.
Please submit the research through uploading it to Google Drive though your local festival's IT servant.
Steps for research:
Select a topic and think of a specific thesis (have a question your research will answer)
Choose appropriate resources (books, online publications, etc.)
Identify the key information you will use and its source (through highlighting, annotating, etc.)
Reword the key information in your own words
Add the reworded information to your final copy
Include your source in your bibliography
- Seven sacraments of the church
- Why the Cross?
- The bread (Orbana)
- Church books used in the Mass
- Belonging to the church
- The art of discussion
- Popes by the name of Cyril (Kyrillos)
- The sin of lying
- The meaning of freedom
- Mountains in the life of Jesus Christ
- St Mark
- Three Holy women in the book of Acts
- The Church is the house of God
7-9, 10 -13 and Adults
- Incense in the church
- Why the liturgy?
- The value of time
- The church, a building and a meaning
- Sunday readings of the month of Keyahk
- Houses visited by Jesus Christ
- Christian Dogmas in the Creed
- Control your tongue
- The sin of stubbornness
- Prayers in the old testament
- The Living Bible
- Ways of expressing your views
- My hobbies and how to develop them
- Your role model (A biblical, church or general figure)
- No for health/body/soul/spiritual destruction (Smoking, drugs, bad use of internet andFacebook, etc.)
- The role of deacons in the church
- Trips of St. Paul
- The priority of Jesus Christ in our life
- Writing Conventions (Spelling, punctuation and grammar): 9%
- Organization: 16%
- Information: 16%
- Quality Of Research Information: 16%
- Theological Accuracy: 9%
- Bibliography: 9%
- Presentation of the Research: 9%
- Connection of Research with The Theme: 16%