Research Evaluation Form
The Research Competition is an opportunity for participants to go deeper in their faith. They will research, exchange ideas, and improve their communication skills while competing for prizes.
The research competition is for Yr. 3 and above.
The research paper must be related to the theme “Therefore you also be ready”.
Below is a list of suggested topics that connect with this year’s theme:
Submissions must be in Arial 12 point font and double spaced. Diagrams with references may be included but are not counted towards the total page count.
Page count per Grade:
Yr.3&4: 2-4 pages
Yr.5&6: 3-6 pages
Yr.7-9: 4-8 pages
Yr. 10 - 13: 5-10 pages
Groups participating in the Research activity may have one or more submissions. If there is more than one submission representing the group, the higher mark will count as the group mark in Research.
The research project may be presented in the form of a poster, a brochure or an essay.
A bibliography must also be included with the submission. Please note that all research papers must be
the student’s original work. Plagiarism is strictly prohibited and will negatively affect your mark.
; one with name, grade and Church and the other with no information.
Steps for research:
Select a topic and think of a specific thesis (have a question your research will answer)
Choose appropriate resources (books, online publications, etc.)
Identify the key information you will use and its source (through highlighting, annotating, etc.)
Reword the key information in your own words
Add the reworded information to your final copy
Include your source in your bibliography
The Divinity of Christ
- The position of Jesus Christ in our life
- Persons that were the symbols of Jesus Christ in the Old Testament
- Was the flood during Noah’s time real?
- Creator and the six creation days
- Life of chastity and purity
- Christianity believes in The Creed
- The Holy Communion
- The symbols of the Holy communion in the Old Testament
- How to Prepare for Communion
- How to Prepare for Confession
- Coptic Church Liturgies
- Why Church Liturgy
- No salvation outside the church
- My will what makes it stronger and what weakens it
- Biblical persons who made use of their gifts
- Pope Cyril the Pillar of Faith
- Habib Girgis
- The importance of time
- The Art of Conversation
- Free will
Writing Conventions (Spelling, punctuation and grammar): 9%
Quality Of Research Information: 16%
Theological Accuracy: 9%
Presentation of the Research: 9%
Connection of Research with The Theme: 16%